With multiple sessions and the opportunity to earn up to 4 CPD hours, this forum is aimed at providing finance and other business professionals in Central Queensland with insights into a variety of informative and relevant topics including:
• What is Lean? What are the benefits of implementing Lean into your Business? Hayley MacDonald, Manager Organisational Capability at CQUniversity
The purpose of this presentation is to introduce Lean as a methodology for streamlining your business processes to maximise service to your customer and reduce waste within your workplace – which has a flow on affect to all parts of your business. I will introduce the principles of Lean, the 8 Wastes of Lean, why Process Mapping is beneficial and how to implement slowly into your business for greatest impact.
• Critical Tax Issues for Small Regional Businesses from 2019 SME Tax Adviser of the year – Tom Delany CA FCPA.
Regulatory challenges abound for small business, so ensuring SME’s are compliant with taxation rules, is critical to their commercial success. In this session, Tom Delany, 2019 SME Tax Adviser of the Year, will provide you with insights into some key taxation issues relevant to small business in regional Queensland including:
– Classification of employees and contractors – tax and superannuation considerations;
– Personal Services Income (PSI) – possibilities for income splitting;
– Primary Producers – managing deferred income in low income years (FMDs, livestock elections, etc);
– Business Structuring – optimise commercial outcomes; and
– Recent developments in tax.
• 2020 Special Rural Economic Update: Anna Wells, Investment Adviser for Wilsons, one of Australia’s leading financial advisory firms. In this session, learn about the practical impact of micro and macro-economic factors that will affect the Australian economic climate this year. Most particularly, Anna Wells, Investment Adviser for Wilsons, one of Australia’s leading financial advisory firms, will focus on providing a Special Rural Economic Update, that is, an investment update on Australia’s rural industrials covering crop, crop protection & livestock.
Join a forward-thinking panel of experts as they discuss The Advantages of Regional QLD over South East QLD and reveal what we can expect for Rockhampton and surrounding regions in 2020 and beyond. The Panel will consist of Narelle Pearse FCA, Vice Chandcellor at CQUniveristy, Mary Carroll, CEO of Capricorn Enterprise and Grand Cassidy, Managing Director of the Cassidy Hospitality Group.
The forum will conclude with networking drinks & canapés.