Do you have a product or service that has application in the Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) sector and is in early sales or ready to be tested?
Submit your application now for our next CQ METS Accelerator Program.
This program will give local businesses and start-ups the skills to build their business capabilities and confidently use modern business techniques and frameworks to accelerate commercial outcomes.
Experienced mining executive, Marcus Lang, will explain the wide range of companies operating Queensland mines, and the variety of potential customers in the mining industry, coal metals and quarries. The market can include mines and miners‘ personal needs. Marcus will also cover the different phases of the mining process from Pit to Port.
Industry representatives will also be available for some of the sessions to give insights into different aspects of the mining and METS sector.
Business owners will build skills to continue developing their ideas, expand their customer base and establish ongoing and sustainable business models. The program will focus on maintaining a viable business in a changing environment. Mining is continually affected by market forces and the resilience that mining companies have built into their systems may benefit vendors in the current uncertain economy.
The fully funded program will be delivered via a series of face-to-face and short online sessions targeted at individual needs between August and October 2021.
Eligibility CriteriaApplicants to the program should:
• Be registered companies that operate and employ in the Rockhampton/CQ Region (or are about to)
• Supply into the mining, energy and resources sectors in Queensland, or have substantive plans to do so
• Have an innovative cost-saving or production-efficient service or product to introduce to the mining sector
• Be available to participate in the entire program
• Applications close Tuesday 27 July (4pm)
• Notification to successful applicants by Friday 30 July (4pm)
• Initial face-to-face (and virtual) session held Tuesday 3 August
• Face-to-Face (and virtual) pitch event held Tuesday 12 October
• Remaining program sessions will be held virtually during August, September and October
Applications & Enquiries• Applications can be submitted via Council’s website www.rrc.qld.gov.au/SmartHub
•For further information please contact the SmartHub Team on 07 4936 8444 or via email@example.com